Re: ENERGY WITH Q

I did not say a word about the first law yet. The name given
to 1.5*N*R*T was "thermal energy", not the INTERNAL
ENERGY. And the the name work was associated with F*s.

I would very much like to know what was wrong in the
presented sequence in terms of its own logic and in terms
of its pedagogy. I do not want to argue about alternative
approaches, or alternative terminology, at this time.
I wrote:

The kinetic theory of gasses provides us with the first
glimpse of the true nature of caloric. It shows that for a
simple case of an ideal gas (mono-atomic molecules)
Q can be calculated as 1.5*N*R*T, where N is the
number of moles, R is the universal gas constant and
T is the absolute temperature. In the first physics course
this is usually generalized by saying that the amount of
thermal energy present in any object is directly
proportional to its absolute temperature.

Jim Green responded:

Oh my, Ludwik, yes (1.5)NRT is the INTERNAL ENERGY
but it aint the Q in the First Law. We have been over this so
many times....Q is (a special kind of) work done external to
the system -- E/U is the internal energy inside the system. ..

Regards, Ludwik Kowalski