Derivative of KE

Maybe this has been covered even recently and maybe
this is what triggered something for me.

As I was watching a video with my class (for the unteenth
time) I made a startling observation/conclusion. As a look
at the KE = 1/2mv^2 equation and take the derivative I
believe I get mv which is momentum (p). Now clearly
there has to be a relationship between KE and p simply
because we are talking about the same mass and velocity.
As I understand derivatives, if I was graphing the delta
KE of an object with respect to time, the slope of said
graph would be the momentum of the object at that time.

Comments.
Thanks,

Tim O'Donnell
Instructor of Physics and Chemistry
Celina High School
715 East Wayne Street
Celina, Ohio 45822
(419) 586-8300 Ext 1200 or 1201
odonnt@celina.k12.oh.us

"Chance only favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur