Re: (energy=ability to do work)

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:
Isn't Quantum Mechanics another good reason to put a stop to this
'ability to do work' chestnut?

I believe that we at the entry level to the marvels of Physics should not
try to create the perfect picture of all concepts. (said smiling:) We need
to leave some of the refinements and improvements of understanding for a
later time and more knowledgable instructors.

For those that do not make it to QM, a Newtonian world will behave very
much in accordance with our early efforts to understand energy and work.
That said I need to get to class to examine the work-energy concept.

Ta

Ken Fox
Science Department Coordinator
IB Physics Teacher