displacement and graphs

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:
Generally I mean the later value minus the earlier value, but
of course that implies a definition of later and earlier...what a mess.

I agree that displacement is final position - initial position. Ant change
quantity should be in that order.

I am puzzled by authors who ask for a graph of position as a function of
time but call it displacement. Am I alone? To me a displacement graph
should mirror the velocity graph.

Ken Fox
Science Department Coordinator
IB Physics Teacher