Re: HOLES AS CARRIERS (was Narges instead of charges?)

William Beaty wrote:

Hey, I remembered something else that let me accept
"hole flow." A hole is not just a hole. Only if the
p-type semiconductor was made entirely of electron-stuff
would a hole be an empty spot, and in that case the hole
would not have a positive charge.

In truth, a hole acts to "expose" the positive charge of the
silicon's protons which normally would be cancelled out.
It's easy to concentrate on the emptiness of the "hole"
while forgetting that a hole is most definitely a positive
charge carrier.

I find the "expose" word very useful. Thanks William.
Can somebody confirm that electric conductivity of B,
Cd and Zn are due mostly to holes and not to electrons?
I suppose these are the Hall effect findings.
Ludwik Kowalski