Re: Physics Definition of Work

"we are now going to use the new definition of physics work where we
measure work done "on" the system rather than work done "by" the system.
The result is to have all plus signs in the First Law of Thermo -- just as
chemistry does it."

I haven't been aware that the First Law was taught any other way. I
thought it was the chemists who had things backwards. The last debate I
remember on this subject was in pre-historic times. Silly me.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen