Re: Strangeness Minus Three

I hope there is a misunderstanding here -- I was criticizing a co. that will
rent, but not sell. I think, even at the video release of hit films, purchase
is available. Another invitation is obviously overpriced software.

bc

brian whatcott wrote:

I was disturbed by Bernard's comment. His list persona is
not of the judgmental kind, in a legal sense.

And it's not that I am without guilt on the topic of using bootleg
software properties.
But I don't think it is becoming to suggest a physics professor is
fomenting a theft. And there is a question about fair use,
copyright subsistance on a 1964 work, and indeed consideration
of Professor Feynman's self evident reaction to a request of this kind.

A question that I find helpful in situations of this kind:
is Bob Fenstermacher's intention to make a commercial profit, or
to avoid a legitimate commercial charge for purchasing
an educational item?

I think not. If it were, he would rent once and copy.

Brian Whatcott