Re: Thinking Level of students

John Clement writes:

Basically I see evidence for about 15% of the seniors in our
school (a private school) being in the formal category, and 30% being
concrete. By the end of my course I see the number of concrete thinkers
halved, and the number of formal thinkers doubled. There is some evidence
that shows that students who do not take physics, but do take the same math
sequence show no rise.

I'm not sure how to interpret this. Does this mean that even at a
(presumably) elite private school only 30% of those who have taken physics
are formal thinkers at graduation? And of those who haven't taken physics,
only 15% are formal thinkers at graduation??

That doesn't seem to differ a whole lot from our observations, but maybe
I'm misreading what you're saying?

Wes