Re: Anorxia (was: CSICOP)

was the periodicy continuous or scattered? -- randomness requires occasional
periodicy.

bc

Hugh Haskell wrote:

At 22:43 -0500 8/9/01, brian whatcott wrote:

On the other hand, astrological - er - I mean seasonal effects,

cut ---

I also recall reading an article in SI some years back about how
weakly corrrelated data could be "over-analyzed" to show
periodicities when none are actually there. Don't remember the
details and I was never much good at statistics, so I don't know if
that sort of thing might be relevant here.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://haskell@ncssm.edu>