Optics 3D Simulations

Dear Colleagues:

I would like to point your attention to WebTOP, a set of modules that
simulate optics phenomena in 3D. Unfortunately, the current version runs
only when using Internet Explorer in Windows. It also requires the
installation of a VRML browser (Blaxxun.) One of the features (recording and
running stored sessions) requires an additional setup. Links to set up
instructions are provided in the first pages.
We have offered a workshop on WebTOP in the Rochester AAPT meeting. A copy
of the handout (tutorial) is available from the front page.
I apologize for the required installation but if you teach optics, I am
convinced that it is worth your time.
Current modules are Wave Simulation, Reflection/Refraction, Polarization,
Scattering, Lasers, Fraunhofer N-Slit, Rayleigh Resolution, Fresnel Single
Slit, Fresnel Circular Aperture, Michelson Interferometer and Fabry Perot
Interferometer.
You may download the whole site and run the simulations locally.
We welcome your comments and feedback.

Thanks for your help.

Taha

Taha Mzoughi
Assistant Professor
Department of Physics & Astronomy
PO Box 5167
Mississippi State University
Mississippi State, Mississippi 39762
PH: 662-325-2923 FX: 662-325-8898
<http://www2.msstate.edu/~mzoughi/>
Project Director
Preparing Tomorrows Teachers to Use Technology
<http://pt3.msstate.edu/>