Re: Meters for lecture hall

We have been trying to locate meters (V & A) that could be used in
a large lecture hall (100 or so people) and would be visible from
the back of the room. We have a large demonstration galvanometer
that can be configured for volts or amps, but we would prefer
regular meters for each, with ranges that could be readily switched.
Several people in our department have tried looking for such things
in catalogs and on the web, but without luck. I volunteered to pose
the question to this group.
Does anyone know of a source for large-display meters, preferably
with digits 4 inches or so tall? The option of using a computer
with projector for this purpose has been considered, but we would
prefer a meter if such can be found. Thanks.
Rondo Jeffery
Weber State University
Ogden, UT 84408-2508
rjeffery@weber.edu

There are meters with a see-through gauge that can be put on an
overhead projector so that the meter is projected on a screen. Check
the catalogs--the last time I looked there were several available. If
you already have the equipment for other purposes, a video camera
connected to a video projector will accomplish the same end, but boy
is that the expensive solution if you have to go buy the stuff.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://haskell@ncssm.edu>