Weakness of Memory

Hello to the group--

I came across this quotation by Montaigne which I thought might have
meaning to some of us.

"A little to aid the weakness of my memory (so extreme that it has
happened to me more than once, to take books again into my hand as new
and unseen, that I had carefully read over a few years before, and
scribbled with my notes). I have adopted a custom of late, to note at
the end of every book (that is, of those I never intend to read again)
the time when I made an end on't, and the judgment I had made of it, to
the end that this might, at least, represent to me the character and
general idea I had conceived of the author in reading it."
Essays of Mantaigne
Book the Second
Chapter X, "Of Books:

--
Carl C. Gaither and Alma E. Cavazos-Gaither
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/StatBook/

Chemically Speaking: Quotations about Chemistry