Re: Optical Communication

Re: Transmitting sound over a laser beam, I offered:

Bernard Cleyet <georgeann@REDSHIFT.COM> asks...
> this is a sneaky way of getting people to join?

Sneaky ????   No
Practical ???   Yes

The AAPT Directory of Members contains names, e-mails, and
addresses of  thousands of physicists and physics teachers
throughout the world. . This directory is  kept up to date by
the American Association of Physics Teachers and is available
to members at the AAPT website "www.AAPT. org,  Most of
the AAPT members have e-mail addresses and are happy to
correspond but, unlike us retired people, they don't have
a great deal of time to scan Phys-L e-mails every day.

Herb