online virtual world with friction

Here's something fairly cool: Adobe has a free browser plugin for a
Virtual Reality world where internet users can see each other. The intent
is to make websites three-dimensional. However, I note that the effect
duplicates driving a robot around on a frictional surface. The design
team is still taking suggestions. If a bunch of phys educators talked
them in to providing features like Interactive Physics, we could create
online science museums and lecture halls with "real" working
demonstrations.

http://www.adobe.com/products/atmosphere/
http://www.meetingpage.com/communities/atmosphere/

Press Release
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200103/20010326atmosphere.html

billb@eskimo.com http://www.amasci.com
Seattle, WA 206-789-0775 freenrg-L taoshum-L vortex-L webhead-L