Re: on computers in the classroom

My experience was that students tended to NOT print out
handouts during class
because of the delay--they read it on screen. Some did print
it out later, but
remember that printing a copy on a laser printer is typically no more
expensive that printing a xerox copy.

The nice thing was that I didn't' have to come up with
additional copies a few
days later, as the material was always available, and
everyone knew just where
it was.

JEG

Which is a double edged sword, its less hassle for the instructor. Of
course, a firm instructor policy of "I handed all my copies out, replace it
from a fellow student", isn't much hassle, except for the complaints.

Its probably the best course, posting on web such materials, but I fear that
we are reinforcing the irresponsible behaviour of students by insuring that
there are no consequences.

Just an early morning thought.

Joel