ETS Major Field Tests

I am not trying to open an old discussion. (In fact I believe we have been
on this at least twice in the past dozen or so years!) But I need some
info to be able to emphasize to "the powers that be" the less than stellar
accuracy of these exams.

Thanks to Dan's nice archives at NAU, I have been able to review our
discussion from two years ago.

However, I think several years before that someone had actually surveyed
departments that used the Major Field Tests and discovered that some
administered these only to the students that elected to do so or that
needed them for honors or some such. Does anyone recall this or know who
did such a survey?

Thanks.

Richard
Dr. Richard L. Bowman BC-MOO: http://www.bridgewater.edu:7000
Chair, Dept. of Physics e-mail: rbowman@bridgewater.edu
(and Dir. of Academic Computing) phone: 540-828-5441
Bridgewater College FAX: 540-828-5479
Bridgewater, VA 22812 http://www.bridgewater.edu/~rbowman/