Re: Smoke and Mirrors at the United Nations

At 23:47 2/27/01 -0700, you wrote:
Does anyone here have a comment on the following?

Jim Green
=================================

Smoke and Mirrors at the United Nations
by Patrick J. Michaels

http://www.cato.org/dailys/02-26-01.html

Patrick J. Michaels is senior fellow in environmental studies at the Cato
Institute, research professor of environmental sciences at the University
of Virginia and author of "The Satanic Gases."
/snip/
Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen

The last representation that I recall on this list from a person affiliated
with Cato Institute, was attributed to an academic at U Delaware who died
recently. His thesis concerned the possibility that there were essentially
no resource limits to growth.
"When one resource is exhausted, we discover another" was his line.

He returned a query of mine with a civil, even pursuasive email,
but I had that uneasy sense one develops of US academics' motivation
at times - that they can be subject to the same economic forces that buy
politicians at all levels, and perhaps even Supreme Court judges with
very lofty embodiments of the same silver gilt.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!