high-voltage transmission losses

Living in a state that supplies CA with electricity, I'm wondering
how much energy gets lost along the 700-mile high-voltage lines
between us and them. From the EIA website I know what the
national average is: about 9% energy loss in all transmission
between generators and users. But I have no idea how much of
this loss is on local distribution lines and how much is on
long-distance transmission lines. Does anyone know? Obviously
it would suffice to know the linear resistance of the lines,
but I don't know that either.

Dan Schroeder
Weber State University
Ogden, UT