Re: Moon Landing Hoax

How you prove anything?
I am not sure I could prove the Civil War took place?
I'm fairly certain it did.
The same for any other historical event.
There are a number of groups that say the Holocaust
didn't take place.

This is always a problem for historians. The farther into the past an
event recedes, the more shaky becomes the evidence for its having
happened. It is important for this reason to be able to preserve
documentary evidence of events in as many forms as possible--print,
film, audio, video, and whatever else may be available, and do
whatever is necessary to protect its integrity.

Michael Shermer has a new book out about holocaust deniers and how
they try to make their case, "Denying History : Who Says the
Holocaust Never Happened and Why Do They Say It?" (Berkeley:
University of California Press, 200, ISBN: 0520216121). Its probably
worth a look for some insights into this general problem of how do we
establish the past.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell