Fw: Re: Review of Middle School Physical Science Texts (part 1)

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wes Davis <wlrdavis@EARTHLINK.NET>
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Hi, Folks:

I'm sure that Jane's summary of the findings
of this committee has necessarily omitted a great
deal of information, BUT am I to understand that
the committee reached these conclusions from
examing the texts of only one publisher?

Wes
---

More than one publisher's books were involved in the
Packard Report . Ten publishers are listed on the last page
of our report together with the titles of the books that we
reviewed. However, the Prentice-Hall company, which publishes
most of the middle school science books, had the most errors.

Herb Gottlieb,
Member of the Packard report reviewing committee
-------