Re: Mpemba effect" ??

It sounds like the Finnish data reported more time spend at
supercooled temps for the initially cold water. This report doesn't
state whether evaporation differences were noted or controlled for.

Clearly - more research is required!!!

At 9:20 AM -0500 2/16/01, Robert A Cohen, you wrote about Re: Mpemba
effect" ??:

When you say "same amounts of water", do you mean same amounts initially
or same amounts after evaporation has taken place (I'm guessing more of
the warm water will evaporate)?

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Savinainen Antti wrote:

>I didn't believe in the effect before I saw how initially
> warmer water actually did froze faster that colder water. The (initially)
> colder water spend more time in a super cooled state under 0
degrees of Celsius.
> Then the temperature raised to zero and started to drop again after all the
> water had frozen. This took place repeatedly for certain kind of
containers.
> Why this happened remained a mystery.

britton@ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936