Re: visualization in upper undergraduate courses

On Wed, 07 Feb 2001 11:49:09 -0600 Taha Mzoughi <mzoughi@RA.MSSTATE.EDU>
writes:
Dear Colleagues:

Can you please help me identify course/programs that use
visualization in upper undergraduate physics courses?

Just what do you mean by "visualation"?
Demonstrations? Computer monitors?
Laboratory apparatus?
Overhead projector transparencies?
35 mm slide projectors?
Movie projectors?

All of the above???????

Herb

I suspect he means a course that does something other than just
grinding away with math on the chalkboard for an hour three times a
week. It's a good question and I suspect the answer will not be easy
to come up with. There is an awful lot about modern advanced physics
that we simply don't know how to visualize.

Hugh

--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://haskell@ncssm.edu>