Re: Study: Melting Antarctic Glacier Raising Sea Level

What she meant is that the glacier IS sitting on rock, but the rock is below
sea level. So she is right that the melting of the Antarctic ice cap would
raise sea level A LOT. I can't speak to "shift ocean circulation and weather
patterns, bringing drought, severe storms and the wider spread of tropical
diseases", but I would not be surprised.

Dr. William J. Larson
Bill_Larson@csi.com
Institut Monte Rosa
Montreux, Switzerland

She wrote:
Much of Antarctica consists of ice sheets with no ground underneath. If
the ice melts it could not only raise ocean levels but could shift ocean
circulation and weather patterns, bringing drought, severe storms and the
wider spread of tropical diseases/

Steve Lowenthal believes: "If ice sheets have "no ground underneath",
then they are floating