Re: How to do it in word6?

It worked but not the way I wanted. Here what I did:

1) Open the word6 document.
2) Select REPLACE from EDIT menu to get the "Find and Replace" dialog box (or
Cmd H).
3) In the "what to find?" box I typed ^p (the "end of line" character)
4) In the "replace by what?" box I typed one space (blank)
5) I clicked "Replace All", waited till it said "~done 553 times" and clicked
OK.

6) It did what I asked for. Fortunately I practiced on a copy. Unfortunately
all "end of line" were replaced by blanks, including those which were needed
to keep paragraphs separated.

7) I tried again but this time only one paragraph was first selected. I hoped
the "Replace All" will work on the selected paragraph only. But it worked on
the entire document again.

8) Is there any way to do replacement in the selected part only? Doing it with
single "Replace" is not desirable, it is likely to be as slow as manual
corrections.

Thanks to those who responded.
Ludwik Kowalski