Re: GAUSS LAW

Just like people's personalities the same thing (maybe it isn't even the same
thing) may be a wave (like properties) or a particle (like props.) depending on
the circumstances (Compton or crystal diffractometer). Was I taught wrong??

Light is what the experiment tells us it is???

bc

P.s Nothing wrong with using the pencil word, as in pencil tracing?

Jim Green wrote:

Ken,

You could just say that in physics it is sometimes helpful to use
an artificial language because it sometimes paints a clearer picture --

cut --

The truth is that no one has the foggiest idea of what light is -- we talk
about photons when that idea is helpful and waves when that idea is helpful
to solve problems. But light is neither corpuscular or a wave -- although
it acts like one or the other at times.

Is this a bad analogy? I try to avound the flow word and have rays
penetrate.....

Ken Fox
AP/IB Physics Teacher
Smoky Hill High School