Re: N/kg versus m/s^2

[Oops! Please pardon that last post.]

Now I really don't understand. Units by there very definition cannot be
other than scalar. Therefore, I don't understant the difference between
"Newton DOT 1 meter" and "Newtons CROSS meters"
It simply makes no sense. I hope we are not about to embark upon the
slippery ground that engineers tread where they distinguish between
(meters)(newtons) and (newtons)(meters)
the former being units of torque and the latter being units or
work/energy.

I think Zach Wolff had a point there, though of course his units are
highly unconventional. Torque is a pseudovector quantity (or else a
bivector quantity) and energy is a scalar quantity. Certainly joules
should not be used as torque units, but no confusion should arise
if torque is completely specified, including its axial direction,
since energy is a scalar, with no direction. (The magnitude of a
torque is not *per se* a physical quantity, any more than the x-
component of a force is.)

Leigh