Re: Speed of Waves

One question I've asked before has never been answered well enough so
that I internalized the answer. I'll try it again:

The speed of sound in a gas is the same as the speed of the molecules
in the gas, more or less. Why should this be? The propagation of sound
is not a phenomenon which depends upon the microscopic structure of
the medium. Is this just a fluke, or is there a deeper connection?

Leigh