Re: "acceleration due to gravity"

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:
If people were as comfortable with general relativity as with special
relativity, wouldn't we feel the same thing about gravity terminology and
acceleration terminology? Isn't a main conclusion of general relativity
that there is an equivalence of the concepts of gravity and acceleration,
similar to a main conclusion of special relativity that there is an
equivalence of the concepts of energy and mass?

So, if the equivalence of energy and mass allow us to mix energy and mass
units and terminology, shouldn't the equivalence of gravity and
acceleration
allow us to mix these units and terminology?

Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.

I have been thinking this but never with this clarity! Thanks

Ken Fox
AP/IB Physics Teacher
Smoky Hill High School
Aurora, CO