Re: accerelation due to gravity

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:

Some considerable time after introducing weight in this manner it is to
be shown that weight has a centrifugal force component on Earth's surface
and in the orbiting shuttle. The latter is larger, that's all.

Leigh

I did not know you moved since we last "locked horns......." How do you
like SFU compared to NJ? No need to reply! However, I am curious why
you use the term centrifugal force - isn't this fictitious force the
result of inertia? I and my students have been really educated with this
thread.

jim ealy
Education by Demonstration