Re: Magnetic poles, was On 1/4*Pi*epsilon in Coulomb's law

At 5:42 PM -0600 1/24/01, Jack Uretsky wrote:
Look at it this way. Magnetic poles are just as real as quarks.
We can't isolate quarks because they are confined. Similarly with
magnetic poles.

I thought the Nobel prize was awarded in the early '90s for some scattering
experiments that "saw" three little hard things inside of protons, even
though they couldn't be isolated. Are you saying we could "see" magnetic
monopoles the same way?

And don't some theories of the universe call for (require) magnetic
monopoles, hence the continuing search for them?

Larry