Re: Mass/Energy Conservation

At 06:13 PM 12/10/00 -0500, Bob Sciamanda wrote:
I've often thought that a good Science Fair project might be to grow
something (a plant or a mouse or . . .?) in a sealed container resting on
a scale and measuring all input and output masses.
This probably has been done - any references?

http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~ddrer/helmont1.htm

(I think of an oak tree and ponder that all that mass could not have come
from the acorn - is it accountable for by water/mineral input?)

Don't forget the carbon from the air -- a highly nontrivial contribution.