Re: Third-hand astonishing quote

I have visited Stockholm and even peered into the window of
the Grand Hotel. I felt we looked too disreputable with our
backpacks to enter the lobby. It sure is tough to be from the
third world.

4,000 terawatts = 10^15 cal/s = Qdot to heat 10^10 liters per
second of water from the freezing point to the boiling point.
A pipe ten meters in diameter running into Stockholm would
have to carry this water at a speed approaching 100 km/s, if
my mental arithmetic is correct. Distribution might pose an
insuperable problem.

Leigh

(Somebody please check my arithmetic.)