Re: CAUSATION IN PHYSICS

At 12:27 AM 10/16/00 -0700, Tucker Hiatt wrote:

"Mathematics describes all possible universes. Physics describes THIS
universe."

I agree.

Mathematically speaking, "a = F/m" and "F = ma" are equivalent.

True.

Physically speaking, they are not.

False.

in this universe, acceleration is PHYSICALLY DETERMINED by force and mass.

OK -- but it is equally true that force is PHYSICALLY DETERMINED by the
mass and acceleration. In particular: