Re: CAUSATION IN PHYSICS

I don't know who first said it, and I don't even know that I'm quoting it
correctly (please help me if you DO know), but consider:

"Mathematics describes all possible universes. Physics describes THIS
universe."

Mathematically speaking, "a = F/m" and "F = ma" are equivalent. Physically
speaking, they are not. I think it's helpful to tell our students that, in
this universe, acceleration is PHYSICALLY DETERMINED by force and mass.