Re: Van de Graaf Generator

Try these things to dry the generator:

1. Store overnight in closed case with an incandescent light bulb (75-100
watts) - turned on, of course (the bulb, not the generator!).
2. Wipe down surfaces (inside and outside) with alcohol (I get the 200 proof
stuff from our chem stockroom). This may require that you partially
dismantle the unit.
3. Dry again with a blowdryer once its set up.

No guarantees, but this combination usually helps in central Virginia (not
quite as humid as Florida!).

"The lesser of two evils
still leaves you with evil."
- Ralph Nader
George Spagna
Department of Physics
Randolph-Macon College
P.O. Box 5005
Ashland, VA 23005-5505
phone: (804) 752-7344 FAX (804) 752-4724
e-mail: gspagna@rmc.edu
http://www.rmc.edu/~gspagna/