Re: Cat's eyes

I agree with Doug (see below). Let me add this:

I agree with Mark (see below). Let me add this:

The face mask (black) produced a very interesting result.
Conditions were the same as in my first message (one
which started this thread). My skin does not play a role
but my eye does. It is the eye, which is sidewise illuminated.
I closed it and no glowing was seen by the other eye. Then
the other (left) eye was closed and the right (illuminated)
eye saw the glowing.

A convenient way to conducted cat's eyes experiments is
to be with the animal in a dark room and to use a flashlight.
In that way one can illuminate the face at various spots and
from various directions. Then one can replace the cat by a
human being and look for differences.

The glowing eyes of the cat are big circles, not single points,
as a reflection from a metallic sphere. They seem to disappear
from time to time. What does the cat do "to turn the glow off"?
Is it just closing the eyes, looking in a different direction or
something else? I wish I had time to play with this but the
school year just started. Perhaps others will report their
observations, as Doug did, and interpret them for us.
Ludwik Kowalski

Doug Craigen wrote:

The following experiment proves the light is reflected from your
eyeball... reproduce the standard experiment in which light is
reflecting off your face and shining in the cat's eyes. Now, change
nothing except to close your eyes - you will no longer see the cat's
eyes shining. QED