Re: I would have been a botanist

Serious plant scientists today are much more sophisticated
than high school teachers of Fermi, I suppose. Therefore,
I prefer the "stamp collector" phrase instead of "botanist".
There is no need to antagonize biologists.

Even with this phrase one can antagonize others. Rutherford
once said that everything outside physics is like collecting
stamps. I do not recall the exact saying and the context in
which it appeared. Can somebody refresh my memory?
Ludwik Kowalski