From: Hugh Haskell [mailto:hhaskell@MINDSPRING.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 9:36 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: I would have been a botanist

My first response was from memory, without looking it up. Since there
seems to be some doubt, I checked my quotes files. according to them
it was Fermi, but in a conversion from an old computer to a new one
some years back a disk error cost me all my source references at the
time, so I can give no source for the citation, but it looks pretty
much like Fermi.

Hugh

I thought it was Fermi??
joe

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Herbert H Gottlieb wrote:

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:52:49 -0600 Jim Green <JMGreen@SISNA.COM> writes:
> Herb, who was it who said something like "If I could remember the
> names of all the various particles, I would have been a botanist."

I think that it was the same fellow who used to play the bongo drums for
relaxation; Richard Feynman. He had the kind of humor that would be in
keeping with such a statement.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(where Richard Feynman first learned his science in our public schools)

--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://haskell@ncssm.edu>

have to..