Re: The Universe

Wait a min.

I thought to count was to put into one to one correspondence with what one is counting using the integers. This means that there are countable infinities and non countable (de and undenumerable?).
e. gratia. the integers are obviously countable as are the points on a line -- however the points on a plane are not. -- the integers are used up just counting the points on one of the infinite lines
that comprise the plane. This is all from G.G 1, 2, 3 Infinity read ca. 1955 He calls these infinities Aleph zero , one, two, etc.

Hope my mem. serves,

bc

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

Jim Green asked:

BTW can I say that the number of integers is "countable"
and still mean infinite?

I would say yes. Nothing prevents us from counting as long
as we want. Eventually one must start inventing names for
new zillions or use the scientific notation.