Re: energy flow in the duck-pond

Hmmmm. The posted solutions to the duck-pond puzzle invoked the principle
of local conservation of energy, including energy flow.

Do those who disrespect the local conservation of energy have a better way
of solving this puzzle? If so, would they be so kind as to share it with us?

John, I recognize that you don't regard highly the position of Leigh, me,
and others re the reificaton of energy, but if you have a question you
might pose it more clearly than this. If you mean that you insist on
reifying energy, just say so -- we will understand -- we won't agree, but
we will understand you. If you mean that the issue can't be properly
addressed without reifying energy, that would be just silly.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen