Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:37:53 -0400
From: Owen von Kugelgen <KUGELGEN@AOL.COM>
Subject: Flipping the physics sequence

We are considering flipping the sequence of our conceptual physics course
(highschool, 9th grade, using Hewitt's book). The flip would mean we cover
light and waves before mechanics. Are any of you doing this? If so, we
would love to hear from you.
Has it worked for you?
Potential problems/pitfalls?
Recommendations?

Thanks,
Owen v.K.

Art Hobson, Physics, U Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701
See info about my liberal-arts physics textbook at
http://www.uark.edu/depts/physics/about/hobson.html