Re: A sick computer monitor

Look for a magnet or magnetic object near your monitor. Maybe a fan or
something similar?

I usually only get about 3yrs out of a good quality moniotor and that's
the typical warranty. Suspicious, no?

Since yesterday my computer screen started to show some
sickness. Symptoms are described below. Do they look
familiar? I am using Mac-8500 with the AppleVision
screen, 21 inches. Mac OS8 is my operating system.
I would like to know what some of you have to say
before taking the unit to the authorized repair shop.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://purcell.phy.nau.edu PHYS-L list owner