A sick computer monitor

Since yesterday my computer screen started to show some
sickness. Symptoms are described below. Do they look
familiar? I am using Mac-8500 with the AppleVision
screen, 21 inches. Mac OS8 is my operating system.
I would like to know what some of you have to say
before taking the unit to the authorized repair shop.

symptom 1:
Both vertical border of each window (when one or many
are opened) is no longer vertical. Each border seems to be
sucked toward the center. The margins of the text inside
the window follow the curved borders.

symptom 2:
Text becomes blurred (each black letter has a blue shadow
displayed down by about one half of the font size.

symptom 3
If I restart the computer the screen looks normal but then
it becomes distorted.

symptom 4
I observed this five or six times since yesterday. On
one occasion the direction of the deformation was different;
instead be being sucked toward the center the border looked
like they were pushed away from the center.

symptom 5
Horizontal borders are not affected.

symptom 6
The deformation becomes less pronounced (larger radia
of curvature) when the width of the window is reduced
and the narrowed window is dragged toward the center.
But horizontal displacement of letters is the same in the
center as it is near the margins.