Re: Most experiments are performed in labs

Paul O. Johnson" wrote:

Some will say that this trend is due to laziness; we are simply using a
one-syllable word rather than a four-syllable word.
But I lean toward the view that it is really a sign of
imprecise thinking, and of not considering the impact of poor word usage in
informal as well as formal writing.

English was one of my least appreciated courses in college.
...questionable syntax and poor spelling in notes from our contemporaries
tend to jump out at us, to the detriment of their message....
End of sermon.

Paul O. Johnson

At 09:31 7/9/00 -0700, Bernard C responded:

One must, though difficult, be Zen like.

My evil twin brother who is also difficult, notes that
according to the English, the word "laboratory" has five
syllables. He is renowned for dousing fires with petrol
..ah.. gasoline, however.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK