Re: brightness vrs. power

I had written:

Back in May, this list had a discussion regarding Ohm's Law and the
resistance of light bulbs. I posted a question on the following series
parallel configuration:
/-----X------X-----\
----- -------
\-----X------X-----/
vs. a single configuration:

I wrote that I thought beginning students would guess (assuming constant
resistance) that the total current in each case would be the same and so
each light bulb in the second circuit would be half as bright as the lone
light bulb in the first circuit.
[snip]
I am alone in the quality of students I get? Do people still think I
underestimate them? Am I guilty of poor understanding of the concepts
myself?