Re: Levitation without Diamagnetics

At 17:08 6/29/00 -0500, you wrote:
I didn't record this. I *think* the device is called "revolution".

William J. Beaty

That's what the unpowered version is called.
Revolution. Colors: Granite or Black & White or Gold Matte
Model 27-07
Batch No: 9153-9
"Made in China"

I paid $3.95

I have been regularly using one of these for a class challenge question
when we have been discussing magnets. Mine is made by Carlisle, Carson
City, NV. It hass no bells and whistles and is wood with magnets clearly
visible. However the economics have certainly changed. I purchased mine
5-10 years ago at our local Natural Wonders store for $28!!!! The
students do enjoy figuring out the polarities of the magnets etc.
Ivan Rouse, Professor and Chair
Physics Department, La Sierra University
4700 Pierce St., Riverside, CA 92515
email: irouse@lasierra.edu
web: http://physics.lasierra.edu/irouse/
phone: 909-785-2137, FAX 909-785-2215