Re: Optical pyrometers, was R = V/I ?

At 3:16 PM -0700 5/11/00, Leigh Palmer wrote:

It doesn't matter whether the bulb is initially burned out or not. (It
will certainly be burned out after this treatment.

Use a bulb that is NOT burned out and you can actually vaporize the
heavy supporting conductors WITHOUT breaking the filament. In fact
you can find copper that has melted and wicked onto/into the cooler
filament.

As a kid, I once broke open a bulb that had 'burned out' when we had
a nearby lightning strike and found about a cm of vertical support
wire missing and NO damage to the filament.

'Tis amazing what the inductance of a finely coiled coil can do to a
high frequency electrical input.

britton@academic.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936