Re: teaching electric circuits

Perhaps this discussion belongs on PhysLerner (or whatever the
pedagogical phys list is called) but I would encourage the nay-sayers
on _THIS_ list to _TRY_ the suggested exercises with identical bulbs
in various series/parallel combinations.

Where are the suggested exercises?

I just performed my demonstration (with matched 60 W bulbs) for a
meeting of the BC Section of the AAPT and put in a plug for phys-l.
I used it to illustrate the apparent conflicts introduced by this
complicating factor when the goal is to teach the applications of
Ohm's law. Try my demo, Chuck, and I'll try yours.

Leigh