Re: Student question/triboelectric series

There're over 90 URL sites I found in less than a minute with a search
engine using the phrase "triboelectric series". One sites includes a 1998
paper, "ESD and the Electronics Industry" with a Triboelectric Series table
of materials at
http://www.engr.uvic.ca/~gatoews/ESD/Materials/body_materials.html#table3.

As for triboluminescence (as distinguished from electroluminescence) check
a CHEMED-List email I posted in 1997 (
http://www.optc.com/chemed-l-thread/Thread1462.html). It has a number
of book and journal references. There's also an explanation of the
triboluminescent effect (and experimental spectra) by R. Angelos, J.I.
Zink, and G.E. Hardy, J. Chemical Education, 56(6), June, 1979, pp.413-4.

Rick

Richard G. Strickert, Ph.D.
URS Radian
P.O. Box 201088 Austin, TX 78720 (Mailing Address)
8501 North Mopac Blvd. (Shipping Address)
512-419-6109 (Phone)
512-454-8807 (Fax)
rick_strickert@urscorp.com