Re: Fresnel Lens

Leigh Palmer wrote:

If you
check out an automobile taillight lens you will probably find that
part of it is a Fresnel lens. Sealed beam headlights have another
variant for collimating light, a multi-prismatic lens.

Leigh

This quote reminded me of another facet of taillights (sorry for the pun).
When visiting a maker of these things I asked how they produced the array
of reflectors which bounce headlamp light back at oncomers.

I was for some reason disappointed with the technique:
They make up accurate metal pencils with the three mutually perpendicular
facets worked on the ends, and stack them to make a master corner cube array.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK